Hi and thanks for your interest
Learn the correct Signwriting technique
NGS London Signsmiths.
Here you will find both technical and artistic training allowing you to go into hand painted lettering on the right path from the start.
Classes are suitable for all levels. We have all equipment but we do encourage you to bring a learning journal.
This course credits you 2 units on future accredited studies.
Painted Letters workshop units
Another great day coming up with all the pro writers’ skills and fixes shared.
Important note: This is an open forum learning environment with full sight of conflict of interests issues and no trade skills are withheld.
- You will learn how to lay out a sign
- Draw up letters and hone shape forms
- Set out sign designs
- Paint Johnston, Franklin gothic and Standard writer’s block (founding style of modern day Gotham)
- Practice a range of Romans, Serifs and Cursives
Unit schedule of the day includes: 9.30am start
- Tools and equipment
- Suppliers lists
- Learn to draw up and ‘set up’
- Design and design thinking
- Casual painters hand
- Block lettering
- Roman lettering
- Brush cleaning
Finish 5.30 pm
Sunday units continue lettering and designing medley panels with a focus on sharp corners, serifs and retro scripts.
Sunday start: 10.00am finish 6.00pm
We’re all set for the next Signsmith meet … can’t wait to have some fun with paint.